The nutrition of your child is very important to us. Young children at kindy often want to eat whatever their friends have, so we encourage all families to join our healthy eating campaign. To help us promote nutrition we ask that you only send foods in the ‘great food for kindy’ list and keep other food for treats at home.
We have a large refrigerator available to keep all snacks and lunches chilled.
Great food for kindy:
- Fresh fruit
- Salad vegetables, vege sticks with healthy dip (e.g. avocado)
- Sandwiches (e.g. chicken, meat, egg, tinned fish, vegemite, cheese, banana, baked beans etc.)
- Leftovers (e.g. pita bread pizza, quiche, meatballs, pasta) - please be aware that we cannot heat food
- Scones, pikelets
- Corn thins/rice cakes
- Crisp breads
- Cheese and crackers
- Fruit yogurt
- Vanilla custard
We would appreciate if you kept these foods for treats at home:
- Cordial, soft drinks, poppers, juice, flavoured milk (water bottles only please)
- Chewy or chocolate covered muesli bars, cakes and buns
- Dried fruit bars and roll ups
- Potato chips
- Two minute noodles
- Chocolates, lollies, LCM bars
- Chocolate spread on sandwiches
Special dietary requirements should be discussed with staff upon enrolment. Depending on the needs of the children attending the service, the staff and committee may need to enforce an allergy policy, which may exclude certain foods being brought to the kindy e.g. peanuts and peanut butter.
Please feel free to talk to us if you have any queries regarding these guidelines.